We’ve made great improvements and developments over the last year and we’re excited about the flexibility and customization we now offer our users. FamGenix 2.0 is our most comprehensive release yet, and we have delivered an extensive set of user requested features and improvements. Some of our top new features are highlighted below.
New, Faster Pedigree Drawing
Our pedigree algorithm was completely revamped and includes many useful improvements, including:
- Ability to move individuals and customize the pedigree as you desire
- Ability to hide partners or show only affected partners
- Improved pedigree printing
- Speed improvements when adding people and data
- Improved zoom controls using mouse scroll
- Quick-add icons to add family members more quickly
- Numerous layout, spacing and text improvements
Comprehensive Medical Ontology
Now you can search for and choose any disease or phenotype using standard terminologies from our built-in medical vocabularies, including HPO, OMIM, CHV, NCI and others. Genes are also now searchable and includes all genes in the Hugo Gene Nomenclature Committee (HGNC).
These ontologies allow for so much more flexibility when choosing very specific diseases, while maintaining structured data to allow for interoperability with other systems.
We value your input
We are committed to delivering the most user-friendly and efficient pedigree drawing and risk assessment platform anywhere. As we continue to improve our products, your input is valuable so that we can deliver the features you most desire. If you have ideas for improvements, please don’t hesitate to let us know.